- We are independently owned and not owned by a hearing aid manufacturer or doctor which means;
- We provide independent advice; we are not confined to choosing a particular hearing aid and can choose the best device for your needs.
- We do not pay commissions to our staff and we do not receive commissions or kickbacks from hearing aid companies.
- We encourage all of our clients to bring a family member or friend with them to their appointment. Family and friends assist in sharing knowledge about how they experience your hearing difficulty and they can also help to recall information from your appointment.
- Questions are great, we are happy to answer your questions. We want you to be part of the process and to journey with us. We provide a note pad and pen so that you can jot down any information you come across in the appointment and wish to take with you.
- We aim for no surprises. Our clients are fully informed in writing of all costs and any out of pocket expenses that may apply. We encourage you to ask questions if you need to clarify anything.
- You can be confident that when you leave your appointment your audiogram results will have been fully explained to you and clients can receive their results in writing.
- In the event that hearing aids are recommended to you, your clinician will explain the different types of hearing aids, which ones will suit your individual needs, and explain why. Your clinician will also explain the different features and costs of each so that you can make an informed decision.
Following a recent survey conducted into the Hearing Services industry by the ACCC and some of the findings from that survey, we felt that was good time share some important information about us here at Jervis Bay Hearing Centre and some of the ways in which we ensure that our clients get the very best advice and service when attending their hearing assessment appointments.